One of the easiest ways to support Mount Olive College is through the Annual Fund. The Mount Olive College Annual Fund is sustained by thousands of gifts from loyal alumni, parents, students, faculty, staff and friends. These commitments make an immediate impact on our students, paying for student development, food services, technology and study resources. Gifts to the Annual Fund help shape the experience of nearly every Mount Olive College student.
Employee Giving Campaign
Alumni, friends, corporations and foundations take note when our faculty and staff — those who know the institution best — endorse and support its operations with their own hard-earned money. The Transformation in Action Employee Giving Campaign is an annual fundraising effort to increase the number of employees that give back to Mount Olive College through the Annual Fund. College faculty and staff can make their gift by payroll deduction, check or credit card.
The goal for the Employee Giving Campaign each fiscal year is to get 100% participation from faculty and staff. The funds raised during the campaign support a wide variety of areas, including scholarships, academic programs, building campaigns, general maintenance and faculty support.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why invest in students through annual giving?
Gifts made to Mount Olive College make an immediate and profound difference in students’ lives today. The College depends on generous private support to supplement state funding and ensure that current students have the resources they need to thrive at school and achieve their education.
Can I choose where my money goes?
Yes, you can decide what area of the College your gift supports. Whether there is a special project on campus you wish to contribute to or an athletic program you want to support, you can decide what area of Mount Olive College means the most to you.
Does the size of my gift matter?
Every gift matters, regardless of size. Every gift is an investment in the education of students. Small gifts combine to make a large impact in the lives of Mount Olive College students.
Does my participation matter?
Many organizations that rank U.S. colleges and universities factor in alumni participation as one of many indicators of the quality of a university. The same is true when foundations and corporations determine whether Mount Olive College is a good investment.
What is a matching gift program?
Thousands of companies sponsor matching gift programs and will match charitable contributions made by their employees. You or your spouse may work for a company that will match your gift. Check with your employer to see if your gift to Mount Olive College could be matched or even tripled! They can provide you with the gift matching form to get the process started.
Is my gift tax deductible?
Yes, Mount Olive College is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, and all gifts are tax deductible.
How do I make my gift?
There are several ways to give your support to Mount Olive College. A gift of cash is the easiest gift to make — it provides the maximum deduction for donors while delivering immediate benefits to the College. Gifts can also be made to Mount Olive College by:
- Giving online
- Mailing a check or money order to Mount Olive College, Gift Records, 634 Henderson Street, Mt. Olive, NC 28365
- Calling Gift Records at 919-658-7823 and making a gift by phone
- Payroll deduction (for Mount Olive College faculty and staff only)
For more outright gift information, check out the “Ways to Give” section of our website.
Why Give to the Annual Fund?
Top 10 Reasons to Give to the Mount Olive College Annual Fund
- The Annual Fund is a fundraising activity that touches every member of the Mount Olive College community.
- You can make a difference and transform the lives of our students.
- You know the great times you had at Mount Olive College were made possible by the gifts of those that came before you.
- The Annual Fund bridges the gap between tuition payments and the operating expenses of the College. When you give to the Annual Fund, you give to the students, the employees, the programs, and the place.
- Committing to the Annual Fund is a show of support to Mount Olive College and its mission.
- Annual Fund gifts and participation become especially important when Mount Olive College seeks foundation and corporate support. Those who review our grant applications want to see strong support from employees, alumni and friends before they commit to the College financially.
- You can show your appreciation to the people in your life and at Mount Olive College who have given so much to help you earn your degree.
- Your gift to the Annual Fund helps support the people and programs that make Mount Olive College so special. That means outstanding teachers, small classes, and exceptional offerings in everything from art to athletics. It also means individual attention to help our students develop academically, socially and emotionally.
- Give because it’s the first proud step any new alum takes.
- Give because giving feels good!
“At Mount Olive College, students are close and have open communication with the faculty and staff. Coming from a larger university where I was just a number, Mount Olive College quickly accepted me as one of its own and has allowed me to thrive in a more nurturing environment.”
Exercise Science and Sports Management Major
“I am proud to support Mount Olive College through my commitment to the Annual Fund. As a local business owner and student, I value the support the College provides to my business and equally value the opportunity to support students as well as the institution as a whole. I know when I make my financial commitment to the Annual Fund that it will make an immediate impact on the lives of students.”
Mount Olive, NC
Mount Olive College Thank-a-thon
The Mount Olive College Thank-a-thon is a fun-filled, high-energy event where student callers gather for 16 nights each fall and spring to call our generous donors just to say, “Thank you.” Because Mount Olive College is largely privately funded, it is so important to reach our donors and thank them personally for the difference they make in our students lives.
“I was able to keep a smile on my face and can honestly say I touched people’s hearts with the thank you calls. This not only lifts me up personally, but it makes me feel proud to be a student at Mount Olive College.”
Psychology Major, 2015
“I believe it means a lot to people to be thanked for their contributions, big or small, recent, or several years ago.”
Religion Major, 2015
“Being a part of the Thank-a-thon has developed my communication skills tremendously. It was a great feeling to put smiles on people’s faces that make it possible for us as students to be able to attend Mount Olive College.”
Business Major, 2013
Give to the Mount Olive College Annual Fund Today
Gifts to the Annual Fund are unrestricted and go toward supporting the operational mission of the College.
Please commit to our vision of transforming lives and commit to Mount Olive College’s continued success by considering a gift to the Annual Fund.
Should you have any questions regarding your gift or the Annual Fund, please contact Melinda Holland, Director of the Annual Fund, at 919-658-7702 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you in advance for your generosity and kindness. The impact of your gift is immeasurable.
Mount Olive College thrives because of the support of numerous individuals. We are a private institution rooted in the liberal arts tradition with defining Christian values. The College, sponsored by the Convention of Original Free Will Baptists, has locations in Mount Olive, New Bern, Wilmington, Goldsboro, Research Triangle Park, Washington and Jacksonville.